June 18, 2021

The border is closed until July 21, 2021.

We cannot put into words what we are truly feeling. The longer this drags on, the more in jeopardy our entire 2021 season becomes. I will be in touch with guests with reservations thru July 24th soon. We will keep you posted when we hear more official news.

Here is what we know for certain:

1. We will do our absolute best to open just as soon as the border opens. Opening our camp will take about 3 weeks and we will need to hire staff. An opening date will be announced by us and may not correspond to the border opening date.

2. We will be allowing you to make an alternate 2021 reservation should your current reservation be cancelled due to the continued border closure. This will be on a rolling basis as things evolve.

3. We appreciate your understanding regarding deposits. Deposits to Manotak Lodge have always been non-refundable. We decided last year, rather than having guests forfeit deposits, we would honor them for 2021.
4. COVID-19 is an unprecedented event, and no one could have predicted we would be here today, facing the loss of our 2021 season. With the 2021 season in question, we have made the decision that if your trip gets cancelled in 2021 due to the border closure, we will honor your deposit for 2022. We know many of you do not want to wait until the last minute and desire to make other plans now. Please contact us and we will work with you.

5. Reservations for 2022 will be re-booked for the same week and cabin as 2021. Keep in mind that our fishing season begins the 3rd Saturday in May. For 2022, that is May 21st. It may appear you are coming a week later but the dates are off because opener is later next year. For example, if you are scheduled for June 19-26, 2021, you are in week 6. For 2022, the dates for week 6 are June 25-July 2, 2022. If you desire to change dates, we will look at what is open once we get everyone re-booked. Please double check your 2022 dates!

Steve, Christine, and Jeremiah

Print Friendly, PDF & Email